I have just downloaded 6.2 nightly. Followed advice to do a library wipe / rescan and two things happened.

1) Rescan took nearly 30 hours and during that time all players were stalled, web app unusable, in fact hard to even tell it was doing anything, took over 10 mins to get into the player library info screen to see if it was scanning. CPU usage on the PC was very low though - <10%. Previous scan time 8 hours or so.

2) My library has reduced from 100K to 70K tracks - I know I had a very badly managed library with duplicates around but not that many ! Any thoughts ?? I think there are some u/c l/c corrections are there ?

Only other significant thing is that I am running as an XP service now whereas before it was the app. Music is all on shares. Service is running under the same user that app previously was run from. XP 4GB 3.4Ghz

  Kevin

spieler wrote:

Since I upgraded to slimserver 6.1.1 I have problems with scanning on
both re-scan and clear library and re-scan. I have only 500 albums and
about 5300 tracks but it takes at least 45 - 60 mins to scan compared
with around 15-20 on earlier versions.

My squeezebox is hard-wired to the router and never loses contact with
the slimserver in normal use. However when scanning it constantly loses
contact and it is impossible to scan and play at the same time. Even
when not playing it still loses contact constantly.
When I look in task manager slimserver cycles rapidly between 60% and
97% CPU usage when playing and scanning and 60 and 85% when just
scanning. I have tried disabling the plugins I added in case it made a
difference but it doesn't.

It is a basic Dell windows box with a Celeron 2.6 processor and 256mb
Ram. Any ideas? Can anyone help me set up debugging so I can provide
more info?

Cheers
Paul