results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=55106
Question: Which DAC do you prefer?

- SBR's Wolfson's WM8501
- SB3's Burr-Brown PCM1748E

There was quite a lot of discussion about this at one stage, so when i
first received my beta SBr, i hooked it up to the same medium end AMP
as my SB3 and did about half a day's worth of A-B testing. TBH, while
there are slight differences in characteristics, they are so similar
overall i can't say i prefer either really. I would like to have voted
"No preference" If held at gun point, i would probably blurt out "SBr".
I say this because it found it to be a touch brighter, and i like the
sound. The SB3 was a bit warmer, and i think most people will prefer
it. I guess its also down to the music you like. I'm also quite
prepared to accept my ears/brain where biased because i'm so use to the
SB3's sound.

--
autopilot

*Lounge  :* Squeezebox Classic -> Cambridge Audio Azur 640a -> Mission
701's.
*Bedroom :* Squeezebox Receiver -> Trends TA10.1 Class-T -> Kef Cresta
1's
*Office  :* Softsqueeze -> Logitech Active 5.1's.
*Kitchen :* Squeezebox Boom -coming soon-
*Roaming : * Squeezebox Controller -> Logitech mm28 portable speakers /
Shure E2c's
*Controllers :* Squeezebox Controller x 2 + Logitech Harmony one
*Server  :* SC7.3b (Vista 64) + AlienBBC, iPlayer & MusicIP headless.

'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/domrevans/)