I had a similar problem (with a library of 2200 albums or so) - Squidgy
got through the 'albums' scan, but it would crash back to the home
screen halfway through 'artists.'  It finally occurred to me to reboot
my iPhone (hold down the top button and bottom button simultaneously
until the slider appears at the top of the screen, then restart).  That
did the trick - it scans everything now.  I've encountered a similar
problem with other apps, particularly games, so it may be an iPhone
problem rather than a Squidgy problem.  It's worth a try, anyway.

Apart from those missing favorites and a few other issues, I'm very
impressed with Squidgy, by the way.  It really shines where playlist
creation is concerned - I love being able to reorder songs quickly.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to _save_ new playlists,
or access old ones.  That's pretty important.

--
Enoch Soames