Mnyb;361075 Wrote:
> Replay gain would also affect this functionality check that RG is not
> used and remove RG tags from the files if they are applied by mistake
> by some other software.
>
> Transcoding to lossy formats by mistake, check that bitrate limiting is
> not on etc.
>
> SC has an uncanny ability to loose settings when uppgrading, better
> check them out.

I can rule out any issue with the files resulting from dts-wav-flac
conversion - the files used to work fine, so that's not the problem.

I found an issue: volume control was reported as enabled by the
SqueezeServer and as disabled by the SB3 display. Changed that in the
settings and it made a difference: rather than hearing "white" noise, I
don't hear anything now. The receiver does not identify the stream...

I'm stumped - any more suggestions?

--
kzuiderveld