Ben Sandee wrote:
On 8/4/05, ron thigpen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Most, if not all, modern handhelds will do both orientations.  I would
expect the handheld skin would work fine in either orientation with
even the worst handheld web browser -- it certainly did on my
pocketpc.

true. but there is usually a more 'native' orientation that has more to do with where the controls are relative to your grip than it does with the screen orientation.

most of these new mini-tablet devices look like they're designed to be held more like a game console controller than a PDA or smartphone.

and the touchscreen will change the way users interact with these devices as well.

hard to know how it's going to work until its actually in our hands.

personally i'm holding out hope for the Nokia 770.

--rt