Random Lurker;361933 Wrote:
> other albums I have in my library by U2 do not appear under the letter U
> - rather they are randomly displayed in the Various Artist section.

Let's stop right there, one thing at a time.  As far as I know, there
is NOTHING in the various artists logic that would cause an album to
show up under "Various Artists" when every track on that album is
tagged with the exact same artist.  So let's start there and once
that's solved work towards the rest.

So find an example album and verify that the ARTIST tag for every track
on that album is exactly the same.  If you spot a problem in the
tagging, then it's a tagging problem.  If your tagging is right, then
we're looking at a SqueezeCenter bug.  I have to say that I'm inclined
to believe the former, as what you're trying to do is very simple and
I've been doing it for years through multiple versions with no
problems.  But maybe there's something else very unique about your
setup that's causing bugs just for you and nobody else.

--
CatBus