hmm...when i played with downsampling i set player.source=debug (as you
did already) and copied the command which eventually will be executed
to the windows command line:

(a guess, you need to find this string in your logfile)

Code:
--------------------

  C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\flac.exe" -dcs --
"E:\CAROLK~1\NICEWO~1\01-NIC~1.FLA" |
"C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\sox.exe" -t wav - -t
flac - rate 44100 > sample.flac

--------------------

This should create a file "sample.flac" in your current working
directory. I verified this file in foobar that it plays ok and then
used the found string in convert.conf. Maybe this command will show why
downsampling doesn't work on your side yet.

I must admit that i don't have much experience with SC running on
windows, so you may need to tweak it on one side or the other...

kind regards,
Markus

--
schiegl