It should work, many here do use something like that.

Note that the SB doesn't "roam", it won't automatically connect to the
strongest signal.  Since I have never used a range extender, I'm not
sure of the details - but you have to make sure it connects to the
range extender and not the original router.  There has to be some way
to distinguish between the two.

Also range extenders do not increase bandwidth, they increase signal
strength.  If there's not enough bandwidth reaching the range extender
you may get good signal strength but low speed.  However range
extenders tend to have good antennas so they can pull in a signal
better than an SB and maximize the bandwidth available at their
location.

--
Mark Lanctot

Current: SB2, Transporter, Boom (PQP3 - late beta)
Stored: Boom (PQP1 - early beta), SBC (beta - no battery)
Sold: SB3, Duet