Thanks nwplace. Valuable information.

Your logs are close to what I was seeing. Because I'm running Squeeze
Center inside of a virtual machine, I'm susceptible to clock drift. The
clock of my virtual machine is locked to my physical machine, however
depending on the what is happening inside of the virtual machine, it
may fall behind on clock ticks only to catch up later.

I've found that when the virus scanner runs (which is a period of high
load on the virtual machine) that is when they get out of sync the
most.

Can anyone tell me,
1) Why when the load disappears on Squeeze Center and time gets back
into lock step again, do the Squeezeboxes not get back into sync again?
It seems that after this load, they will remain out of sync until
Squeeze Center has been restarted.
2) What is Squeeze Center doing on the restart that resyncs the units
again? Is there a way to make this happen periodically?

I know that this is a not a normal setup and that if I installed
Squeeze Center on a physical box, then this problem would happen.
However, I'm trying to see how good I can make things work in a virtual
environment before resorting to that as I run everything virtual.

If there is anymore work done on syncing in the future, it would be
nice to have syncing be independent of what is going on in the squeeze
center box.

Thanks

Paul

--