I just tried v7.3 music playing from the Controller - it's just
brilliant!!

But I do have a small niggle: There is a lot background hiss and
crackle. Presumambly it is coming from the CPU and/or the wifi
transmission. To be fair, it is an awfully small box with a lot of
things going on inside.

Am I the only one to notice this?

Is there any way to get the Controller to shut down all non essential
stuff, and quieten the background?

Or apply extra filtering in the digital domain?

Or (retroactively) add extra hardware filtering on the D/A converter
pins or analog amplifier stages?

Note: I am using Etymotics ER 6i earbuds, and with these a comfortable
volume setting is about half way up the volume bar graph. Perhaps using
less sensitive earbuds would allow one to crank up the output volume on
the D/A converter, and perhaps improve the S/N ratio. Depends on
exactly where the noise is coming from. An alternative would be to
solder up a little attentuator thingy in the jack plug. Possibly the
noise also depends on the earbud's impedance (??)

--
AndrewFG

Regards,
AndrewFG