I agree with aubuti.
One thing I've heard:
If you are using the digital out, apparently you are better off locking
the volume to 100% (an option in Squeezecentre), and using your amp to
control the volume. Apparently the digital signal has to be modified to
change the volume, and this goes against the digital purity philosophy.
I use analog out for this reason; my speakers (and their in-built DAC)
don't have a remote control, so I have to rely on the SqueezeBox to
adjust the volume. Plus, the DAC in the SB3 sounds good to me, so I'm
happy sticking with it.

--
JadeMonkee

2x squeezebox classics {1x wired, 1x wifi} | squeezecentre v7.2.1 |
'readynas duo' (http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22) {
raidiator 4.14 | 1gb hynix hymd512m646cfp8-j | 2x 1tb samsung hd103uj }