mattybain;365860 Wrote:
> That's a bit harsh considering the £ has devalued 25% against the us$
> (and most other currencies too)

AFAIK, the reduction was to help generate -consumer- spending.

I can understand the view that it is such a small amount that it won't
actually have much of an effect on the average consumer; for example
the reduction of 22p on a £9.99 product isn't going to suddenly make me
buy it if I considered the original price a little too high. However, if
companies don't reduce prices in line with the VAT reduction the owners
are not only gaining by making slightly more profit on each deal but by
being part of the consuming public are benefiting from price reductions
from those companies that have reduced their prices. I'm not convinced
that was the Chancellor's intention.

--
Mick Seymour