Hello

Until we get to the bottom of what the problem really is, its hard to
be sure ... but I will stick my neck out and guess that this isn't a
"flac" issue (a great many slim users have all-FLAC libraries).

I was a little puzzled at what you were trying to achieve with foobar.
Is it on the same machine as slimserver?  If not, there may be
port/firewall issues. If yes, I guess I'm unclear as to what slimserver
is doing for you.

To try out slimserver ahead of buying an SB2, if that's what you are
thinking, try installing softsqueeze (its included in the slimserver
package). You may also need to install a recent version of Java to make
it work.

Post the results back here and someone will have you working in no
time...

Ceejay.

--
ceejay