radish;369053 Wrote:
> Or (3), you weren't following what I said :)  I'm pretty sure I was able
> to follow what you wrote, though I think you're using a much narrower
> definition of some of the words than I.
>
> My opinion (and you know what they say about those) is that the change
> you seem to consider inevitable, I consider extremely unlikely for a
> host of technical, economic and legal reasons. But I could be wrong,
> the future will tell.

I think both of us were doing a better job of talking at the other
person, than with. I'll try to clarify.

You've focused on what (I consider)was a minor portion of a string of
comments and imputed a meaning that I didn't intend. My comment on the
existence of the earn-out was central. Turnover afterwards as a normal
event. Buyer takes over and conforms practices to those used by buyer,
harder to do when seller's management is still around. I've been a
financial advisor for more than 20 years (including buying and
integrating,  and selling companies), working directly with many dozens
of companies and have observed what was done with hundreds of others.
You can agree or not agree with me as you wish, my view is based on my
experience.

Erland said he was finding changes, including less communication and
collaboration. It was to this my comment implying "not if, but when"
was directed. Changing to what? I don't know. Frankly, I also don't
care. But most things change after an acquisition, that was my thought.
Things always change in more ways than ever imagined.

The use of open source software and volunteers for commercial product
development - very rare. Perhaps some of the reason for change, perhaps
not, it seems to be different from how Logitech develops its products.
It's rarely used for obvious reasons. I'll stick with my speculation of
why I think it was used here.

I do love my SB products, I wish everyone only the best, especially all
the great people at the company. Sorry if my thoughts made you think of
me as being the back end of a horse.

--
Goodsounds