michel;370783 Wrote:
> It's a C2D sporting 2gig's of RAM. Did not have any performance issues.
> Search via SB3 or web interface is much faster and does not interrupt
> play.

When during search do you have the issues?
iPeng search is somewhat refined. It uses the standard "search" of SC,
but repeats that every time you type something to permanently update
the search results. This gives you quick access to a small number of
results but may put some pressure on the server. Although I've never
experienced any issues.
It also only searches for a limited result set.
When you press "search", it will query a full (err, longer, I think it
requests 100 items) result set and also query additional details plus
artwork for tracks (only if the artwork is not yet loaded).

--
pippin

---
see iPeng at penguinlovesmusic.com