didbox;375406 Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed SC 7.3.1 in order to take advantage of the new Replay Gain
> functionality allowing to avoid clipping in case of positive Replay
> Gain. For a long time (since SC version 6.X), all my files are already
> tagged with all needed RG tags (RG and RG peak tags).
> I have 2 questions:
> 1: Do I have to rescan my library?
> 2: When playing a track (I use the "Smart" volume gain control option),
> is there a way to see the real calculated replay gain that is applied?
>
> Thank you!!!

No rescan is necessary, the peak value has always been stored in the
database, just never used before now.

To see the real gain value used, and the original value from the tag,
go to the track info menu.  (Click on the track title in the web UI, or
press right from Now Playing with the remote, then select More Info and
look for the Volume Adjustment items).

--
andyg