korinengell;377080 Wrote:
> Why do you think it would be hard to keep the audio in synch? Because of
> problems like separate buffering/decoding for the audio and video
> streams? But that's not really a new problem is it? (I'm trying to
> imagine possible combinations of real HiFi setups where audio and video
> decoding is done seperately).
these other audio and video systems were designed to be synchronous
though, a SqueezeBox taking your PCs audio stream over your network and
playing it out was never designed to be synchronous with video playing
you your PC.

Using something like VLC or perhaps MediaPlayerClassic as your player
you should be able to tweak the audio or video delay, but I don't know
how consistent the delay will be. It might be worth having a hunt about
the forums though, you aren't the only person that has been looking at
this solution :)

--
funkstar