My Boom has been so impressive for the past month that I bought a Duet,
which arrived today.  Set it up without problem, connected to SN, fired
up a Slacker favorite station, and enjoyed music.  A song came on that I
wanted to skip, so I hit <ffwd> on the SBC.  The song kept playing.
Hmmm.  Hit <right>, selected "Ban Song", and a popup appeared saying
"This song will no longer play," but the song kept playing.  Hmmm.
Went to the Slacker web player and found that the song had been added
to the Ban list.

I shut down the SBR and SBC, fired up my Boom, played a Slacker
station, tried to skip by hitting <ffwd> as usual.  The song kept
playing.  Hit the wheel, selected "Ban Song", and was informed that the
song will no longer play -- but the song kept playing.  Fiddling around,
I hit <play> and got the response that I used to get by hitting <ffwd>
-- the current song stopped, a new one started, and my remaining skip
count was decremented by one.

I fired up the Duet again and tried the <play> trick on the SBC -- no
dice; the song kept playing.

I tested Pandora's skip behavior -- everything works exactly as
expected where the <ffwd> button on the applicable device (SBC or Boom)
skips the current song.

So now as far as Slacker goes, my Boom doesn't work like it used to,
and I have no way to skip or ban a song via the SBC.  What am I
missing?

Boom firmware 41, SBC @ 7.3 r3476, SBR @ 56.  No SC installed -- I'm a
Squeezenetwork-only user.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!