gregh;378012 Wrote:
> right, thanks all, putting in a switch makes it work....
>
> BUT...the switch I have needs power and is fairly large, so can I get
> any small switches that draw power off Ethernet?? I'm trying to make
> this as tidy as possible!!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Greg

Small switches do exist for sure, but ones that are by default ethernet
powered are harder to come by.  Typically you put a PoE adapter at your
router and the "tap" at the switch.  They are pretty pricey though as
they are made for remote mounting equipment where power doesn't exist,
not just hiding wires.

It might be worth a call to slim to have them see if there is something
they can do in a future firmware update to remedy this.

--
Jonnio