My Squeezebox arrived last week and the whole week I was not able to get
a decent song out of the box.

My library is all FLAC and none of them played longer then 5 seconds
and then came in a loop. The 5 seconds of play was with click and other
noise (louder then the real song).

After I enabled "Bitrate Limiting" (and installled lame) the FLAC files
played, but again with clicks and noice. The FLAC files where playing
with Winamp or Mediamonkey.

The SB is wireless connected to the network, the Windows XP desktop
with a wire (all to the same router). The quality of the wireless
connetion is > 80%.

The following I tried but none was working:
- Wired the SB
- Static IP on SB
- Converted FLAC to MP3 (different formats)
- Installed SC 7.2.1
- Pressed "Add" after reboot of SB
- Pressed "1" after reboot of SB
- Installed SC 7.3.1 on different Windows XP desktop
- Installed SC 7.2.1 on different WIndows XP desktop

Then I thought it was Windows XP, so I bought a Synology DS209+ (needed
more space also ;-)).

On the Synology DS209+ I tried it with the Synology package and later
on with SSODS (with SC 7.3.1). Still the same results: without "bitrate
limiting" a few seconds of a song and then loop (with noise and clicks),
with "bitrate limiting" on a lot of noise and clicks.

So it wasn't Windows XP...

Then last night I tried installing 6.5.4. First on the Synology with
SSODS, but that was not working because the version of SSODS didn't
like such an old version of SC). After that on the Windows XP desktop,
and...... YES it worked (without bitrate limiting, all my FLAC files
are playing fine!)

How can I get SC 7.3.1 running on or my Windows XP desktop or the
Synology DS209+?

--
boerremk