In trying to wean my mom off of her boombox and onto her Squeezebox, I
got to thinking what it would really take.  I'm slowly getting her to
rip her CDs so eventually she will quit using the CD player but she
still listens to the local radio station(s) that have no internet
stream.

I've looked at the RadioShark but the reviews seem so-so and I want a
really dead simple solution that doesn't have any complex dependencies.
I really don't want to get a TV card for their PC just for FM.

How much interest from a consumer (not business) standpoint would there
be for a standalone network FM tuner?  Something like point your browser
to http://tunerip/101.1 and like magic you get 101.1FM streamed to you.

--
4mula1

SqueezeCenter 7.3.1 + Solaris 10 x86: Because everything else would've
been easy!
'4mula1 on Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/4mula1)