Hey all,
I have an old Squeezebox, the kind that is about an inch and a half
tall and came in a vaguely purple color. The model just says
"Squeezebox", not 2 or 3. I can't get it to find my SqueezeCenter over
the wireless, and it just generally misbehaves when I'm trying to get
things set up, spontaneously rebooting.

It works OK when its wired, I tried to update the firmware by holding
down the brightness button but that just caused it to hang. The
firmware is at version 40.

It's definitely on the same subnet as the SqueezeCenter machine, both
are connected via WEP-encrypted wifi. There's no firewall on the
SqueezeCenter machine.
It says it connects to the wireless OK, but then can't find the
slimserver. I tried entering in the IP of the SqueezeCenter machine
manually but no dice.

Any ideas? I tried opening it up and reseating the wifi card, but it
was actually pretty solidly in there.

--
kellbot