pippin;386715 Wrote:
> I would tend to confirm that based on my experiences with the skin.
> What thumbnail sized do you use?
>
> SC builds a cache of thumbnails during the scan, if you use these, you
> get a fast response right from the beginning (50x50, 100x100, also
> depends on the scaling/background setting, don't remember those).
> If you don't use the pre-cached artwork, SC will cache the ones you
> use.
> So for iPeng: the first time you use the thumbnails, they will load
> slower than on the second time etc.
> Artwork generation is especially slow with iTunes integration.
>
> In iPeng an additional effect is that the thumbs are also cached
> locally on the device.

Squeemote also caches the thumbnails on the device, but not the larger
artwork displayed on the now playing screen currently. I've just
switched over to using the stretched artwork for the list view as the
differences in aspect ratios made the list look strange. I still use
the original aspect ratio for the now playing view.

--
Luke Redpath