I am very happy with my iPhone and iPeng as a remote, though I often use
the normal IR SB3 remote and Boom remote (the latter because I can stick
it to the cooker hood, so it's handy).

What I'd like is something along the lines of a 15" touchscreen which
is not a remote, but which sits at the stereo and can be used to
compile playlists and select music more easily than using a remote.
Most of the time I just use the Squeezecentre web interface on my
laptop over any of real remotes/iPhone for just this reason.

--
SJobson

Mac Mini - Squeezebox 3 - MF X-Dac V8 - MF XT-100 - Spendor S5e