Since I got my SqueezeBoxes, I've been listening to more music more of
the time, and I've noticed something that concerns me. If I put on a
playlist of music and listen to it for any length of time, I find that
the songs begin to affect my mood. I wonder if the team at Slim Devices
are aware that the sound being produced by their products can have an
effect on a person's mental state? If I listen to Van Morrison's
"Stranded" for example, it affects me in a certain way, but if it's
followed by Crosby, Stills and Nash doing "Johnny's Garden" that can
have a different effect on my emotional state. Then, when I hear
Stephen Stills say "Gonna do a country blues" in the introduction to
"Black Queen" I feel something entirely different from when I hear
Bonnie Raitt or Mozart or Maynard Ferguson. I think the Slim Devices
engineers owe it to the customers who purchase their products to at
least document the fact that different sounds coming out of their
products can have different effects on the listener's moods and mental
states. How is the consumer to know that what's coming out of the
SqueezeBox devices they bought might affect them in different ways, if
it isn't documented openly and made clear? Someone has to point these
things out to Slim Devices. It might be a big corporation conspiracy
since the Logitech buyout, an attempt to affect the unsuspecting
listening public. But if I put on Warren Zevon's version of "Knockin'
On Heaven's Door" it certainly doesn't sound like the Eric Clapton
version. Is this a question of FLAC vs. MP3? Can Slim Devices prove
this isn't damaging my brain?

For those who want to know more, I can cite some Internet references:
see 'this link' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire), or 'here'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke), or 'here'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humor), or even 'this link'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder) for example. People need
to be aware of what SqueezeBoxes can do to them, pumping sounds into
their consciousness so many hours each day. Why, there have even been
times when I was feeling a little down, and putting on music on my
SqueezeBoxes made me forget why I was feeling that way, and made me
feel better! Surely this sort of emotional manipulation isn't what
people signed up for when they bought Slim Devices. So come clean,
Slim. What up with that?

--
Dogberry2