Look for other devices on the same Channel as yours.  If you see any try
changing from the default (6) to either 1 or 11.
I would also look into changing my encryption mode.  WEP security can
be cracked fairly quickly now days.  Not only that but it uses a fair
amount of overhead traffic between your devices.  Check and see if you
can use WPA or WPA2 with your router.
For what its worth my old router was a DI624 and I never had issues
with it.  Never used it with WEP though.

--
tedfroop

"Good judgement is the result of experience ... Experience is the result
of bad judgement."

--  Fred Brooks