I'm not exactly sure if this will work, I think it has for me in the
past.

I once replaced the album art of an album, did a rescan and noticed
there was no change in the album art on the album itself, yet the album
art on the songs themselves did change.

Clearing the browser cache didn't help. I figured it had to be cached
elsewhere, so I changed the size of the thumbnail display in the
SqueezeCenter settings:

Settings - Interface - Thumbnail Size

After doing so, the artwork for the album was updated. I do still think
you need to run the "Look for new and changed music" rescan prior to
this. If this does work, it should help avoid doing the complete
rescan.

After it was done I changed the size back, and the image was still as
it should be.

Hope this helps.

--
furonfour