seanadams wrote:
> The whole DAC/RCA/headphone side of the system is pretty well
> partitioned and runs on separate power regulators from the rest of it,
> so actually I'm not too surprised that the CPU etc was unaffected.
>
> But that doesn't mean it's easy to fix - there are about six active
> components that could have been cooked - DAC, op amp, headphone amp,
> and three regulators. If you look inside can you tell visually what's
> fried?

I guess I'm confused here.  (I don't have an SB w/an IR output.)  Did
you plug a 9 volt power supply into the IR output or the headphone output?

Also, if you open it up, pay attention to the static electricity.  This
time of year (cold-n-dry (on the north side of the world)) it wouldn't
take much to put it all out of working order.