one11;392940 Wrote:
> Squeeze center seems to "read/find" genres i don't have in my library
>
> for instance:
>
> Sufjan Stevens - i own 2 albums, and decided to tag the genre "Folk".
> Sure enough that new style is available and Sufjan can be accessed from
> them
>
> BUT! (always a but huh..)
>
> He is also listed in the "Alternative Folk" genre, a genre that i can't
> see on *any of my tracks in my library.
>
> Are there "default" genre ? Can they be removed ? Can there be multiple
> genres per track ?
>
> Thanks!

I felt the same way you did a while back, but after utilizing a couple
of tools found that they really are in my library. The issue at hand,
IMO, is the Squeeze Center and you are looking in different places. The
easiest tool to use is probably MP3Tag or Tag & Rename. For me, the best
way was to use MySQL Viewer (I do work some with relational databases so
this is probably a "geek only" option). Using the tools I was able to
locate and modify (in the FLAC tags) the weird genres. Oh, I also used
Album Catalog Creator as a visual verification tool too. Search the
forum, there are many discussions about all of these.

Good luck & HTH,

SS

--
Secret Squirrel