Howard Passman;395024 Wrote:
> Man, if I thought for a second the Transporter sounded near as good as
> my old Revox CD player I'd buy one....sigh.
>
> Howard

Hey Howard,

Have you tried a Transporter for 30 days? It didn't even take 15 days
for me to decide to replace my Esoteric Transport and Dodson DA-217
MK2-D Digital Processor as my main digital source with the Transporter.
I was very skeptical that a NMP was going to be able to match my CD
setup at a fifth of the cost, but that was indeed the case. So I sold
my Esoteric Transport. I got to good of a deal on the Dodson to let it
go and its nice to have a great DAC around anyway. Speaking of DACs,
the Bel Canto e.One DAC3 D/A processor makes a great partner to the
Receiver or Classic but sadly that combo costs $900 more then a
Transporter and will not play 24/96 files native like the TP will.
There is a ton of value in the Transporter.

If it doesn't change your mind then send it back before the 30 days are
up.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/mephone)
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
Mobile: SB3, Audioengine A5