Hi there,
I'm pretty new here, because I've got my Squeezebox Duet only
yesterday. I'm not writing for the dedicated Duet forum because I think
this is a general matter: sound quality.
I set up the Duet yesterday (took me some time to get it run), but
after a good nicht with sleep (and snow in the morning), I could make
it rum correctly.

First of all: it's a 'genius' device, good idea. The controller needs
some time to get me in (or it's me ?!?), but now I got it. Manual is
fairly poor, so by zapping tru the menues I got it right. Had to reset
the controller to factory setting 3 times before it worked correctly.

Now my 'thing': I'm running the Duet on a very High-End stereo system,
replacing my Tivx HD player (which sound very good with digital out
connected to a DAC) - which player has a s**t menue and "Gui" (Giu?
what Gui?); and above it makes noise (fan, harddisk).
Now, the Squeezebox is connected to the same DAC, but doesn't sound so
good...
As far as I understood, the Squeezecenter is using Windows' own
drivers, and iTunes (which I have installed on my Vista PC), right? Is
it these items who manage the sound?
I'm an Audio freak (even professional designer), but not a PC geek; so
since it's my first experience with PC audio on my stereo set (the Tivx
was an independant player), I always wonder about for example Asio
drivers, how to force them, because people say they are better drivers.
Also, could it be possible to use Foobar or Songbird to run the Duet?

Thanks for your help :o
- dan

--
Alfetta87