I love SoftSqueeze for its ability to look like a real player on screen,
complete with remote. SqueezePlay in its current revision. is completely
useless unless you control it from a browser.  I'd have though it would
be working far better than it does by now. It feels like it is a
developer's spare time task.

SoftSqueeze works well for me. On 7.2.1 it sync'd with my hardware
players without problems. I have not tried syncing using with my
current 7.3.2 because it is really a 'convenience' to run it on the PC.
If I seriously wanted to listen to music in my office, I'd move the
wife's Boom in during the day. However, while SoftSqueeze continues to
work, I'll carry on using it.

When SqueezePlay comes out of Beta, I'll try it again.

--
Mick Seymour