Mark Lanctot wrote:
> reverber;400569 Wrote:
>> Won't SC run on any of the dozen or so platforms that Linux has been
>> ported to?
>
> SC obviously works on x86 and on SPARC (I think that's Infrant
> ReadyNAS) but note that Infrant/Netgear has SC specially compiled for
> SPARC.
>
> As for PowerPC and ARM, I believe the main stumbling block is the perl
> CPAN modules.  Some of them have to be specially made for the
> architecture they are to run on.  So SC has to omit certain modules or
> use different ones depending on the architecture.
>
> I'm not the expert on this but there are posts in the Linux/Unix forum
> regarding problems installing SC on PowerPC and ARM architectures,
> mainly due to perl CPAN module incompatibilities.

Interesting - where exactly are these posts / discussions?  I would be
interested in finding out the difficulties and work arounds. I'd like to
port SC to the PCH / NMT box.  Porting PERL would be my biggest concern
(next would probably be mysql).  Think about it - it's not as open of a
platform - but for about double your money you get it all** (linux &
HDMI video) in one box.

**Note, no one has yet come up with a PCH application that can *play*
music like a squeezebox (i.e. don't go out to buy one thinking this is
possible).

...thanks