Fifer wrote:
It is a very tempting idea. A few more thoughts: Slim Devices get into
bed with a small, respected, audio company (Cambridge Audio spring to
mind; robust, reasonably priced, respected product line, similar to
Slim Devices). Put the SB2 internals into a Cambridge Audio box
(tweaked as above, decent linear PSU, high end electrolytics, ditch the
op amp and add two RCA sockets and a switch to provide an external DAC
input) and voilĂ , the Cambridge Audio Wireless Music Server & DAC (with
embedded Slim Devices technology).

A small, unobtrusive, reasonably priced unit with a compact power supply fits in nicely with the Slim Devices moniker. I know the name of the company is likely a play on "thin device", referring to the brains being server-side in the form of SlimServer, but I think this philosophy carries through to the hardware design too. I like that it's not a huge, mostly empty metal box*!

Nick

* - I have no doubt that, had it arrived in a huge, mostly empty metal box, there would be more than a few people posting about extracting the innards and placing it in a small enclosure...