lreinstein;307263 Wrote:
> dean,
>
> what firmware version should i be at?   it was quite an effort finally
> getting the SB3 to talk to and play well with Time Capsule...i am
> afraid if i change it that I will mess it up so they wont communicate.

I agree that the Time Capsule is hard to get working right...it just
seems flaky.  I used to have an old Linksys WRT-54G router and a Iomega
NAS (which isn't even a Mac format) and it worked reliably.

The Time Capsule seems to go to sleep and then SqueezeCenter cannot
even see it (I can tell if I try to change to a new music folder in
SqueezeCenter).  The old Iomega didn't ever seem to go to sleep (a bit
noisy but always there when it was needed).

Also it seems to set up two volumes for itself (Time Capsule and for
some reason another called Time Capsule-1). So my SB Duet cannot find
my music and it turns out it is now on the other volume (crazy!).

Anyway, for Squeezebox I would say my Time Capsule is a $500 piece of
Junk.

BTW...Time Capsule also does not support QoS (whatever that is) but it
means that its router  blows up a lot when downloading and needs a
reboot. I think that is also why it is so unreliable for SB purposes.

PLUS the wireless range is tooo weak for my house, which isn't that
big, and my old Linksys could do it easily from out in the yard or
wherever.

--
G-dude