Thanks for the suggestions.  I should have put a bit more detail in my
original post. I did later on by the proper 5V power cords for my other
two SBs, and they're both working great.  The SB that I fried, however,
does not work with these cords, which is why I think it's fried.  I
plug it it in, and a red light comes on in the back (SP/DIF connection
I  think) but the display doesn't turn on in the front.

I assume the next step is to ship it back to SD.  Is there a flat
fix-it rate, or should I just save up and buy a new device?  Thanks
again..

--
kitecarl