If I've understood correctly you had/have the following issues:

-  duplicate albums with some tracks in apparently different
  locations. Seems largely resolved by removing playlists (suggesting
  playlist generator is the problem).
-  web interface is slow
-  search doesn't work as you wish

Are you exclusively using the web interface or do you also use the SB3
interface? Is it as slow as the web interface?

What does slow mean? Do you mean I click a link and it takes several
seconds to respond or do you mean I want to get to a track and have to
go through artist and album to get to the track I want?

In respect of searching, you are aware that the web interface has a
search option which looks for what you enter within the trackname,
genre, album and artist? Advanced search allows you to be more specific
about what to look for where?

For searching on the SB3 Lazy Search may be of interest. For general
search purposes Erland's custom plugins have already been mentioned.

--
Zaragon