How is browse New Music done?  Yesterday I had a number of albums being
displayed in New Music, but today none.  I've performed a clear/scan
since then, so I suspect that the list is wiped out with a 'clear
library' and that the newness relates to a timestamp given when an item
is added to the library.  I seem to recall that previously New Music
would display the entire library if you did a clear/scan.

If that's correct, then is it possible to implement this so that it
uses the files' last-update timestamp instead?  There are still enough
situations calling for a clear before a scan (picking up new cover art,
for instance) that I use it as the rule rather than the exception.

I hadn't thought I'd ever use New Music, but it's nice after going
through a flurry of CD ripping.  By the time I get done ripping 20 or
30 discs I've forgotten what was newly added.

--
JJZolx

Jim