cybervision_;408072 Wrote:
> BTW I think you're getting it all wrong

I don't doubt that, I'm getting very confused!  :-)

> on regular basis I just want the Transporter hooked up via ethernet to
> my server, and I want to have a Duet connected to the PC via wireless
> to control Squeezecenter with it.
>
> I have now been able to connect to the PC with the Duet controller but
> it the player doesn't show up on its display. I have bridged my wire
> and wireless connections, is that wrong?

This should all work...but you're using Windows to manage this "ad-hoc"
connection, it's up to Windows now.  On the wireless connection, you'll
have to find out what it's doing.  Is it assigning addresses by DHCP?
Static only?  What's the IP address of the wireless connection and what
addresses are allowed on the ad-hoc network the wireless card creates?

I would imagine all this is in Windows' "Network Connections" settings
or through some sort of manufacturer-specific software that came with
your wireless card.

You say the SBC is able to connect to the PC - how do you know this?
If it can connect to SqueezeCenter on the PC but not the SBR, you may
have to reset the SBR.  Most likely moving around all this network
stuff has left either the SBC or the SBR with an invalid IP address,
you may have to reset the SBR and/or the SBC.

--
Mark Lanctot

Current: SB2, Transporter, Boom (PQP3 - late beta), SBC (early beta)
Stored: Boom (PQP1 - early beta)
Sold: SB3, Duet