samlw;72226 Wrote:
> I think high-bitrate MP3 is the way I will have to go. In my experience,
> AAC sounds better and compresses better than MP3 at a given bitrate. So
> I have a personal preference for AAC over MP3.
>From my experience and readings on hydrogenaudio.org what you are
saying is true up to about 160kbs.  When you get into the higher bit
rates you really can't tell any difference between mp3, ogg or aac.
There may be differences in size but it's really not much at all.  Try
it and see.  A 256 mp3 is going to sound every bit as good as a 256 aac
or ogg.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality