i agree, SC should ONLY use RG tags if they are present, and not itunes
garbage.  it certainly should not use itunes over RG, or both together
at the same time.

however, the OP seemed to be asking a different question...

if ONLY itunes is present, or if only ONE RG value is present (the
track value i assume), can the "smart" setting on SC be "smart enough"
to disable using RG at all if it thinks an album is being played?

seems like a liget/valid request to me, at least in the case of files
with ONLY itunes soundcheck.

its not quite as valid for files with only track RG tags, b/c usually
those files don't have album RG tags b/c they don't have ALBUM name
tags either, so how would SC know the tracks in the playlist were from
the same album?

i suppose SC could guess at it using folder location and "guess tag
format" etc...  but this would be instance where i think fixing tags
makes more sense.

however, for someone only using soundcheck, this sounds like a valid
enh request to me.

--
MrSinatra

www.lion-radio.org
using:
sb2 (my home) / sbr (parent's home) / sbc (my home) - w/sc 7.3.3b - win
xp pro sp3 ie8 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - 1tb wd usb2 raid - d-link dir-655