Thanks so much to all that responded and how so quick, I'll never know,
you guys are great!

It appears that it WAS after all a SqueezeCenter problem.  I removed
the offending playlists and viola, it worked. It turns out there were
old playlists IN MY MUSIC FOLDER, referring to external drives that had
changed drive letters in my reinstall of XP.  So, the music was still
there just under a new drive letter. BTW, my playlists, which have
always referred to an external drive, were always in the Music Folder,
it never was a problem before....shouldn't there be a warning, when
setting up the playlists directory in the settings, that playlists
can't be in the music folder if you choose the same folder for both?
(Feature Request #1)

RE: This issue,
I have several applications from various vendors (Adobe, Sony, etc.)
that all have built-in routines for finding 'lost media', where you are
given the chance to search for the missing files.  In the best of these
scenarios, it finds one file and says, all the other files are here, so
it only asks you once if you want to use this new location.  It would
seem really important (in this age of cheap removable storage) for
SqueezeCenter to include some of these routines for checking file
locations, and if not found, alerting the user and giving the user
options rather than just locking up. (Feature Request #2) Just my .02

Thanks again and I hope someone in development gets these feature
requests!
caldvd

--
caldvd