Peter wrote:
trixpan wrote:
Peter,

Thank you for the answer.

May I confirm one thing? Overlooking the plug-in I had the impression
that by default, the plug-in will use the Slimdevices IR controller
itself when using a specific menu item, is this impression correct?

It uses the Slim IR controller itself, you might be able to use others.

When the SB is off (showing the screensaver) button presses are forwarded to lirc.
When the SB is on they are processed by SqueezeCenter.

That worked pretty well in practice, you don't use your SB and MythTV at the same time.

The documentation is minimal, read this page too:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Slim2lirc

Regards,
Peter