Well, I'll just throw this out there because it just goes to show that
really weird stuff can happen with wireless networking. A few weeks ago
I started having a problem where my entire network would go down every
time SC was doing something resource intensive (scanning new music,
mostly). Around the same time, my Boom in the kitchen started stopping
constantly. It got to where I could not get through one full song
without it stopping--and this is with MP3 so it's not a lot of
bandwidth. Every time it stopped, I noticed that the entire network was
going down for several minutes. But it only happened with the kitchen
player and not my other players.

To troubleshoot, I swapped in a different router temporarily (after
trying it wired and still having trouble). All the problems went away
with the other router, but that was with no security. So I went back to
my original router but turned off security. Everything worked fine.
Well, I wanted to keep my router but didn't want to run with no
security, so I changed the security from "WPA Personal" to "WPA / WPA2
Personal." I don't even know what that means, but everything has been
working fine ever since with no more network outages and no Boom
stuttering.

The security settings had not been touched in over a year--it just went
haywire out of the blue like that. Can I say haywire when it's wireless?

--
MeSue

Sue
http://www.last.fm/user/MeSue