maggior;415938 Wrote:
> The problem with vortex box is that the user is too blind to what is
> going on.  What happens when the CD you are ripping isn't in
> freedb.org?  Or you don't like the genre that freedb.org has a CD
> categorized for?  I think a web UI frontend is needed for vortex box
> for it to be really standalone and viable.  As far as I can see, such a
> frontend isn't in the plans.
>
> As it stands now, vortex box works well as a server where a second PC
> is used to rip CDs onto the vortex network share.  This is certainly a
> good step, but it doesn't make the vortex box a completely standalone
> solution IMHO.

I disagree here, you can easy interact with the vortexbox server
through network share etc into dbpoweramp etc. and update those albums
not tagged correctly or wrong artwork. I don't think any server is
going to 100% automate ripping of your library and you'll have to
manually manage an element.

If vortexbox can automate 80% of my ripping/tagging then I have to
manually sort the remainder that's better then having to manually kick
off 100%

--
socistep