I use a Linksys WRE54G wireless repeater for the garden. Its placed high
on the internal wall in the room next to the garden and extends the
wireless range perfectly. Don't believe what it says on the box about
needing a Linksys wireless router to connect to; that's only for auto
configuration. Manual configuration is dead simple.

You can use as many as you like to cover dead spots in and around the
house.

In use, the Boom signal strength is 98% (more than when its on the
indoor wireless network) and passes all the network test speeds. Even
at 5000 I get an average throughput of 97%. These are the same figures
I get when the Boom is on the wireless router so there is no down side
at all with the repeater.

--
Mick Seymour