Hi there,

I use iTunes and SqueezeCentre fine together. It just depends what
information you want to use from iTunes in SC and whether you want it
one way or two-ways. If you have rated all of your tracks in iTunes (as
I have) then you need to use the TrackStat/ Custom Scan/ Dynamic
Playlists PlugIns from erland. If you wish to import certain tags or
convert them custom scan can do this as well. Custom Scan also imports
play counts. If you wish SC to update all this information then read it
back into iTunes then Custom Scan can do this as well (using the iTunes
Export function) but it's a manual process, you have to run a script
(which I guess could be automated through a batch process).

Anyway, it's all doable, you need to start by reading erlands wiki and
downloading the plug-ins. If you have any questions then just ask.

HTH

CW

--
Chunkywizard

*Squeezebox:* Boom x2 (Lounge and Kitchen) *Squeezecenter:* 7.4-26010
for Windows Home Server (HP EX-475 MediaSmart Server with 2GB RAM
upgrade)
*Plugins:* Dynamic Playlists 2.7 | SQL Playlist 2.4 | Music Information
Screen 4.37 | Custom Scan 2.6 | TrackStat 2.8 | SettingsManager 2.1.12 |
SyncOptions 2.1.24 | AutoDimDisplay 2.1.7 | Biography 2.7.0
*Remote:* iPod Touch Gen. 1 running 'iPeng'
(http://penguinlovesmusic.de/2008/11/25/ipeng-application-now-on-app-store/)