I downloaded the 8/24 nightly for 6.2. Erased my slimserversql.db file.
Installed. After the rescan, the duplicate album names that I HAD
listed in "common album titles" seem to be fine, with one exception:

"The Hits" by REO Speedwagon is listed 6 times. This is probably
because I listed song year for those that I knew.

The duplicate albums titles that were NOT listed under "common album
titles" are still all grouped together. Examples:

"X by Various Artists" shows one album by INXS and one by Def Leppard,
all mixed together.
"Stand Up" shows three albums all mixed together — one by Dave Matthews
Band, one by Jethro Tull, and one by The Del Fuegos.

Note that on once case the Album shows "Various Artists" and in the
other, no artist is shown in the Album list.

This goes back to my original message #1, for which there is already a
bug report (1378). Do you want another bug report filed since this is
still happening in 6.2? Do you still want me to upload my
slimserversql.db? That might be difficult because I'm dialup and it's
over 11MB, but I can queue it up before I go to bed some night if it
will be helpful.

--
MeSue

Sue