I recently purchased a Duet for outside use and yesterday was really the
first day I was able to use it for any length of time.  Like you, I use
SqueezeNetwork exclusively.

All day I had problems similar to yours (drop outs, rebuffering, dead
air = massive frustration and embarrassment). Naturally I consulted the
forums today and saw this thread.  Then I violated the Cardinal Rule of
Troubleshooting and made two changes at the same time so I don't know
for certain which one worked but I've had no problems for the last 6
hours (fingers crossed).  What I did was change my wireless channel to
11 AND at the SqueezeNetwork site, I logged in and changed my buffer
from 3 seconds to 10 seconds.

My guess is that it was the latter change that made the difference
since I do not have any neighboring networks.

--
RonBor