Goodsounds;422204 Wrote:
> SB products are simply sound sources. CD players, tuners, turntables,
> etc also are sound sources, and don't typically have such adjustments.
They are not simply sound sources though. They include a pre-amp with a
volume control, unlike CD Players, tuners and turtables. And balance is
performed in the pre-amp.
Goodsounds;422204 Wrote:
> Active speakers that lack adjustments are useful (I have some) but are
> not a typical part of an entry level sound system.
Maybe, but they are becoming increasingly popular. It is also quite
common for users to run the SB3/Transporter straight into a power amp...
and neither include balance controls.
Goodsounds;422204 Wrote:

> I think the SB user experience is overly complicated now, and that
> hurts sales now. Adding features to the UI or more branches on the menu
> tree would represent steps in the wrong direction.
It's hard to see how the addition of a simple balance control could be
considered confusing. It's not as if it is going to be a new concept for
anyone.

MC

--
ModelCitizen

On average people have fewer than two feet.

Last.fm/user/ModelCitizen